FAYETTE CO., WV (NEWS RELEASE) – 2017 Tax Statements are being mailed out today, July 17, 2017. Our office hours are Monday – Friday 7am to 4:30 pm. Due to the high volume of phone calls, during this time, please limit your calls to one. We will return all calls in the order that they were received. When tax statements are mailed, the majority of the calls we receive are not for our office.
The Fayette County Tax Department just deals with collections of taxes. Please look over your tax statements when received.
If you have questions or corrections, we have listed the numbers to which you need to call:
• If you have questions regarding your assessment form, please call the Fayette County Assessor’s office at 304-574-4242.
• If you have questions regarding dog taxes, please call the Fayette County Assessor’s office at 304-574-4242.
• If you have questions about your assessment on real estate, homestead exemption, or an address correction call the Fayette County Assessor’s Office at 304-574-4252, 304- 74-4239 or 304-574-4240.
• If you have questions about the vehicles listed on your tax statement, if you need to add or remove a vehicle, or change your address, call the Fayette County Assessor’s office at 304-574-4242.
You will still receive a 2017 tax statement if your mortgage company pays your taxes. We have numerous individuals who come in pay on the ticket their mortgage company is supposed to. After the day is posted, we cannot refund back your payment. Please verify the tickets before coming in to pay.
Taxes can be paid online at www.wvpropertytaxes.com and questions for the Fayette County Tax Department can be emailed.
Our email addresses are listed on each tax deputy’s voicemail and provided below:
• Debra.S.Stover@wv.gov – Tax Deputy
• Terri.N.Robinson@wv.gov – Tax Deputy
• Catrina.A.NealMcClung@wv.gov – Tax Deputy
• Kelsiann.E.Sizemore@wv.gov – Tax Deputy
• Anna.L.Frost@wv.gov – Chief Tax Deputy
• Casey.N.Lewis@wv.gov – Assistant Chief Tax Deputy